Postgraduate Program Construction Management - Posgrado en Gestión de la Construcción
The Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Built Environment is an advanced interdisciplinary coursework program which enables graduates from a wide range of backgrounds to develop and consolidate their knowledge and skills in the application of the principles of sustainable development to the planning, design, construction and management of the built environment.
The program responds to the increasing demand for built environment and related professionals with the capacity to meet the growing challenges of sustainable development in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region and the expansion of specialised career opportunities in both the public and private sector.
Please note that the Graduate Certificate is not available to International students as it can only be undertaken on a part-time basis.
completion of a recognized bachelor degree
meet English requirements.
* Some programs have additional entry requirements, please contact UNSW for this information.
At the conclusion of this program students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate a clear understanding of concepts and principles of sustainability and their application in the built environment.
2. Critically analyse, reflect on and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and apply established theories to practice.
3. Justify, interpret and communicate knowledge, skills and ideas to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
4. Demonstrate the qualities of an ethical practitioner.
5. Apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, expert judgement, adaptability and responsibility as a practitioner.
6. Describe, explain and apply quantitative tools to implement and assess sustainability solutions.
7. Recognise and investigate how behaviours influence the sustainability of the built environment.
8. Demonstrate cultural awareness, environmental and social responsibility, and a respect for diversity.
The Graduate Certificate is comprised of four core courses for a total of 24 units of credit.
SUSD0001 Sustainable Dev & Urban Envir (6 UOC)
SUSD0002 Resources, Materials & Sustain (6 UOC)
SUSD0003 Energy & the Built Environment (6 UOC)
SUSD0004 Sustainability & Habitability (6 UOC)