Master in Behaviour Analysis and Therapy - Máster en Análisis de Comportamiento y Terapia
Many people who have learned about the methods find that it helps them a great deal in doing their job - if their job involves helping people in distress to experience less distress (eg. as in health care work), or perhaps helping people learn how to manage their life more effectively (eg. also health care - but also education, the prison service, etc). CBT is also recommended by NICE as a first line intervention for many psychological disorders.
This course is designed to enable students to practice CBT. The course is structured around teaching, skills practice, experiential learning, supervision support groups, and academic assignments. The academic assignments include essays, case reports, and recordings of live sessions with clients. Students will also be encouraged to discuss their own views on CBT as well as on mental health and psychological therapy in general. The core feature of the course is the facilitation of reflective practice.
1. Professional background
2. Module 1 equivalent learning & experience
3. Overall experience in the psychological therapies, including counselling and CBT
4. If the time since obtaining any prior professional qualification or degree is more than 5 years, the applicant would be expected to provide evidence of their relevant continuing professional development over the intervening period.
5. Potential to be able to make significant use of CBT skills in current work-setting on obtaining a Postgraduate award in CBT, and future ambitions concerning practicing as a CB Therapist.
6. References and managerial support - How confidently the applicant’s TWO referees confirm the statements and evidence supplied by the applicant and a written statement of support from your manager.
7. Ability to meet the various demands and requirements of the diploma– the application form requires applicants to confirm that they can meet all of these.
(Psychological Therapy Foundation Course)
Introductory Practitioner Course in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Professional Issues in Psychological Therapy
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy – Fundamentals Skills
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Common Mental Health Problems
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Complex Presentations
Trans-Diagnostic Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Complex Presentations