Master of Engineering Science (Electrical Utility Engineering) - Máster en Ingeniería Eléctrica Práctica
The Master of Space Engineering (MSpaceEng) is designed for postgraduate scholars with appropriate undergraduate qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline and/or extensive professional experience who wish to develop a high level understanding of the principles and practices of engineering related to space systems and to strengthen their skills in this area.
completion of a recognized bachelor degree
meet English requirements.
* Some programs have additional entry requirements, please contact UNSW for this information.
At the end of the program, students should have acquired all of the following learning outcomes:
• Advanced disciplinary knowledge and skills, and an ability to apply these in a range of contexts.
• Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences, and be capable of independent and collaborative enquiry and working effectively with others.
• Developed an awareness of international issues within their field of study.
• Demonstrated the application of knowledge and skills with creativity and initiative to new situations in professional practice and/or for further learning.
• Demonstrated the application of knowledge and skills with high-level personal autonomy and accountability.
• Demonstrated the application of knowledge and skills to plan and execute a substantial research-based project, capstone experience and/or piece of scholarship.
• Demonstrated the ability to plan and execute substantial research-based projects and pieces of scholarship.
Students undertaking the MSpaceEng are required to take 8 coursework courses (48 UOC) from the courses set out below. Students must complete four compulsory courses (24 UOC) and elective courses (24 UOC) from the list below.
Not all elective courses will be available in a particular year.
ZEIT8007 Space Operations (6 UOC)
ZEIT8008 Space Systems Design (6 UOC)
ZEIT8012 Space Systems Engineering (6 UOC)
ZEIT8230 Requirements Practice (6 UOC)
Students must complete 24 UOC from the list below and may, with the approval of the Postgraduate Coordinator, take up to two courses (12 UOC) from other coursework programs.
ZEIT8009 Global Navigation Systems (6 UOC)
ZEIT8219 Satellite Communications (6 UOC)
ZEIT8221 Spaceborne Imaging Technology (6 UOC)
ZEIT8231 Test and Evaluation (6 UOC)
ZEIT8297 Project Report - Sys Eng FT (12 UOC)
ZEIT8303 Project Mgmt Body of Knowledge (6 UOC)