London South Bank University (LSBU)

Master of Research in Electrical and Electronic Engineering - Máster en Investigación en Ingeniería Eléctrica y Electrónica

London South Bank University (LSBU)
Este curso no está actualmente activo en nuestra Web
  • Imparte:
  • Modalidad:
    Presencial en Londres
  • Precio:
    Información no disponible
  • Comienzo:
    Septiembre 2017
  • Lugar:
    103 Borough Road
    Londres SE1 0
    Reino Unido
  • Idioma:
    El Master se imparte en Inglés
  • Titulación:
    Master of Research in Electrical and Electronic Engineering


Full-time - 1 Year; Part-time - 2 Years

This course builds on our world-class research work in electrical and electronic engineering, materials and devices, robotics, mechatronics, computer networks and telecommunications. It is funded by the European Union, Research Councils, Royal Society, Knowledge Transfer Programmes, and industrial companies.

Students can choose the project, either as a part of ongoing research work in our research laboratories or in our partner industrial companies. This course can also be tailored as an in-house course, please contact the Course Director for details.


To apply for a Taught Masters postgraduate course at LSBU you need one of the following:

- IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 580 (Paper) or 237 (Computer) or 90 (Internet)
- Licenciado/Título de Ingeniero/Título de Arquitecto, average 6.0-6.9 (old grading system), or 1.5 in new grading system

For Postgraduate Diploma and Masters courses the normal entry qualification is an Honours degree or equivalent. For some Postgraduate Diplomas alternative qualifications are accepted along with relevant work experience. The University considers each application on its merits and is prepared to admit candidates who can demonstrate they have reached the normal entry requirements on the basis of prior experiential learning.


The course aims to provide knowledge, experience and skills that are essential for research and development work. It is research oriented, with 80 percent of the time spent on a research project and the other 20 percent on taught units. It is designed to develop key research skills, build up in-depth technical knowledge and understanding as well as project management skills, communications skills and presentation skills.


Course modules

Intellectual property development
Project stage 1
Project stage 2
Project stage 3
Technical, research and professional skills

Example project topics (not exhaustive):

Mobile Inspection Robots and Non-Destructive Testing Techniques, Design of Control and Embedded Systems, Elastic Waves Modelling
Infrared and Electronic Sensing, Electronic Design, Data Analysis and Mathematical Modelling
Instrumentation Programming, Software Engineering, Electromagnetics, Magnetic Materials and Devices
Thin Film Materials and Devices, Photovoltaics, Low Loss Ceramic Resonators, Antenna Design, Broadband Technologies, Power Over Air
Mobile and Wireless Communications, Ad-hoc Networks, MIMO, WiFi, WiMax, Zigbee, FPGAs, Linux Clustering, Mobile Programming, Network Programming.

Salidas profesionales

On successful completion of the course, students can either continue to MPhil/ PhD studies or work in the research and development or technical support sections in industry such as electrical and electronic engineering, computer networks, telecommunications, and other engineering disciplines.

LSBU is committed to supporting you develop your employability and succeed in getting a job after you have graduated. Your qualification will certainly help, but in a competitive market you also need to work on your employability, and on your career search. Our Employability Service will support you in developing your skills, finding a job, interview techniques, work experience or an internship, and will help you assess what you need to do to get the job you want at the end of your course

Cursos relacionados que SÍ están activos


Ver otros masters de...