Máster en Estudios Biológico-Naturista
The MSc in Gerontology and Ageing Studies...
- Hosted in our internationally renowned research centre, the Centre for Innovative Ageing
- Delivered by subject leaders and experts from around the world
- International approach that is unique in the UK and encompasses a range of disciplines
- Opportunities for work placements within local NGO’s (non-Governmental Organisations)
- Opportunity to study abroad at one of our partner institutions in Alberta, Canada
- Programme is designed to meet employer needs
Normally a 2.2 degree or its equivalent and evidence of recent academic study.
Candidates with non-standard entry requirements are warmly welcomed and may be admitted on the basis of relevant work experience or professional qualification with requisite approval. Two years relevant employment experience in local authorities, health, private and voluntary organisations and industry will be considered relevant.
Applications from international students are encouraged. Students are required to have a minimum of IELTS 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in all domains, in English Language or a University approved equivalent, prior to starting the programme. The University provides English Language tuition to prepare international students for study.
The Gerontology and Ageing Studies MSc prepares students for:
Working with older people
Designing policies for older people
Managing and delivering services for older people
Designing or manufacturing products for an ageing population
Joining the research community.
Some of our recent graduates have secured employment in the following areas:
Social Worker/Social Services
Academic and Policy Research
Insurance and Financial Services
Architecture and Town Planning