Master in Forensic Science - Máster en Ciencias Forenses
Investigate the interdisciplinary nature of agriculture, food production and food science at an advanced level
Strengthen your food chemistry, microbiology, quality and processing expertise
Explore advanced research topics and their practical application in commercial settings
Available as a Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and Masters
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
— an undergraduate degree with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%), or equivalent, or
— a graduate or postgraduate certificate in any discipline with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%), or equivalent; or
— a graduate or postgraduate diploma in any discipline with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%), or equivalent; or
• an honours degree in any discipline, or equivalent; and
• a curriculum vitae or resume; and
• two academic referee reports; and
• a personal statement outlining why they wish to be considered for the course.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
• prior academic performance; and
• the curriculum vitae or resume; and
• the referee reports; and
• the personal statement.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Admission and Selection into Course Policy.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Securing Sufficient and Healthy Food
Food Safety and Quality
Research Methods For Life Sciences
Cereal, Legume and Oilseed Technology
Minor Research Project
Meat and Meat Products Technology
Health Aspects in Functional Foods
Minor Research Project
Critically understand environmental, economic, social and ethical factors related to food production in Australia and globally
Understand and interpret recent innovations and advanced research in food science
Plan and execute an independent piece of research and communicate the impact of this work
Discover problem solving and research methodologies, and demonstrate personal accountability by applying solutions to diverse challenges facing food production, supply and security
Interpret, critically analyse and evaluate research data, in order to understand and implement improved systems within food science
Investigate and apply innovative approaches to the contemporary, inter-disciplinary management of commercial food systems