The Master of Business & Technology (MBT) Program aims to equip managers and other professionals with the skills and knowledge to be effective in a contemporary business environment where the rapid rate of technological change and development has a significant impact on the success of the modern organisation.
Students can customise their individual program to focus on improving business management and/or technology management competencies and knowledge. A unique combination of courses provides participants with an array of intellectual tools to manage business as well as technology, and where these two aspects of management intersect.
All candidates must have at least two years relevant professional experience and hold a prior tertiary degree to gain entry. Candidates who have the relevant professional experience but do not have a prior tertiary degree may enter at Graduate Certificate level and may articulate to the Masters level if they meet academic requirements.
completion of a recognized bachelor degree
meet English requirements.
* Some programs have additional entry requirements, please contact UNSW for this information.
The program aims to develop the following Graduate Learning Goals:
* Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - Critically appraise frameworks, tools and techniques to develop innovative solutions that address business problems in technology-based environments, across a wide range of organisational contexts.
* Communication - Demonstrate the capacity to communicate effectively in all forms in a wide range of organizational contexts.
* Teamwork and Leadership - Demonstrate collaborative teamwork skills and a capacity for leadership in technology based environments, across a wide range of organizational contexts.
* Social, Ethical and Global Perspectives - Actively manage change for organisational improvement and appreciate the different dimensions of change which contribute to organizational, social and environmental sustainability.
* In-depth engagement with the relevant disciplinary knowledge - Improve professional practice by drawing on previous experience, extending concepts based on new knowledge.
To qualify for the Master of Business & Technology (MBT) candidates must successfully complete 72 units of credit (normally 12 courses of 6 units of credit each). To enter at Masters level candidates must have a prior tertiary degree and at least four years relevant professional experience.
Participants commencing from 2006 onwards are required to undertake at least one of two capstone courses towards the completion of their program. Masters students are not permitted to enrol in either or both of the two MBT capstone courses until they have successfully completed 8 courses (64 units of credit).
After successful completion of 4 courses (24 units of credit) participants may elect to graduate with a Graduate Certificate in Business & Technology. After successful completion of 8 courses (48 units of credit) participants may elect to graduate with a Graduate Diploma in Business & Technology.
GBAT9100 Introduction to Management (6 UOC)
GBAT9101 Project Management (6 UOC)
GBAT9102 Mngt of Manufacturing Systems (6 UOC)
GBAT9103 Bus Mgt for a Sust Env (6 UOC)
GBAT9104 Mgt Innovation & Tech Change (6 UOC)
GBAT9106 Information Systems Mgt (6 UOC)
GBAT9112 Business Mgmt of OH&S Risk (6 UOC)
GBAT9113 Strat Mgt of Bus & Technology (6 UOC)
GBAT9114 Principles of Marketing (6 UOC)
GBAT9115 IT in Business (6 UOC)
GBAT9117 E-Business Strategy & Mgmnt (6 UOC)
GBAT9119 Managing for Org Sust (6 UOC)
GBAT9120 Accounting: A User Perspective (6 UOC)
GBAT9121 Managing Agile Organisations (6 UOC)
GBAT9122 Business Economics (6 UOC)
GBAT9123 Fundamentals Corporate Finance (6 UOC)
GBAT9124 Business Law and Technology (6 UOC)
GBAT9125 Fundamentals of People Mgmt (6 UOC)
GBAT9126 Develop New Products &Services (6 UOC)
GBAT9127 Supply Chain Management (6 UOC)
GBAT9128 Quantitative Methods (6 UOC)
GBAT9129 Managing Org Resources (6 UOC)
GBAT9130 Enterprise Risk Management (6 UOC)
GBAT9131 Leadership in a Complex Enviro (6 UOC)
or other courses as may be approved by the Academic Director, MBT Program.
¡Infórmate ahora sin compromiso!