Graduate Certificate Program International Business Management - Posgrado en Dirección de Negocios Internacionales
A unique ten-month Masters Degree and Certificate program, with nine months of classes in Madrid and a Capstone Week at Columbia University in New York City.
For lawyers seeking to advance their qualifications in the field of international commercial and investment arbitration while continuing to work full time, this is the only program of its kind. The program features:
Monthly Masters Seminars with the world’s leading arbitrators on Friday evenings and Saturdays. Participants gain an inside view on the most important cases in all the major forums for international commercial and investment arbitration.
Twice monthly Core Courses on Friday afternoons support the adquisition of the body of knowledge and core skills demanded of international arbitrators.
The program concludes with a Capstone Week in New York City at Columbia University’s Center for International Commercial and Investment Arbitration, where participants can learn more about the Amercan approach to international arbitration and meet some of the leading U.S.-based arbitrators.
Throughout the program, opportunities for networking with faculty and fellow participants will be maximized. Enrollment is limited to promote both networking and participative learning.
You are interested in pursuing a career in arbitration and want to develop the knowledge base, skills and contacts needed to launch your career.
You are already involved in arbitration and are looking to make the leap to the next level.
You want to advance your career without leaving your current position to pursue a full-time program.
1. Overview of International Commercial and Investment Arbitration
2. The agreement to arbitrate
3. Establishment of the Arbitral Tribunal
4. Law applicable to the merits
5. Conduct of the proceedings
6. The Arbitral Award
7. Role of national courts
8. Judicial revision of Arbitral Awards
9. Recognition and enforcement of Arbitral Awards
10. Institutional Arbitration: CCI, LCIA, ICDR, CIETAC, SIAC, CÁM COM ESTOCOLMO, CIMA, CAM. Ad Hoc Arbitration: UNCITRAL
11. Towards a Global Arbitration System: The New Frontiers of International Arbitration
12. Investment Treaty Arbitration