The global market for legal services is undergoing a period of unprecented change. The recent economic turmoil, coming as it does after a period of sustained growth, brought many of the challenges of delivering legal services into sharp focus. As Warren Buffet famously noted, “you only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out”.
While we are still learning what this means in practice, all we can be certain of is that the future of legal services will be very different to the past.
Now in its 5th successful year, IE Law School’s Lawyers´ Management Program is the only global
program designed to better equip lawyers – be they within legal departments or law firms –
with the knowledge and skills they require in this ever-changing environment.
Those who currently do, or have the potential to manage legal services and lead groups of lawyers – whether in private practice or other business organizations: partners, managing partners, head of office or practice areas in law firms; current or aspiring general counsel, heads of legal teams in companies.
DAY 1: STRATEGY & LEADERSHIP IN A CHANGING ENVIRONMENT
• The changing environment for legal services: risks and opportunities
• Strategy: making the right choices for your organization
• High performance leadership: making strategy work, your role as leaders during times of
• Applying the learning: how can I make use of these ideas in my organization and my own role?
DAY 2: THE “RIGHT” STRATEGY & LEADERSHIP MODEL FOR YOUR ORGANIZAT ION
• Strategy workshop: what does this mean for my organization?
• High performance leadership: understanding your personal approach and style as a leader
• Strategy and pricing: understanding the financial value of your services
• Organization and structure: how best to support your strategy
• Applying the learning: what are my specific challenges and choices, what is the right model
for my organization and my role as a leader in achieving that?
DAY 3: YOUR ROLE IN APPLY ING STRATEGY & LEADERSHIP
• High performance leadership: developing your strengths and recognizing your limits
• Making strategy happen:
- From strategy to action
- Measurement and metrics in legal services
- Influencing behavior through metrics
- Metrics for in-house lawyers
- Stories from the front line (Guest Speakers)
• High performance leadership : the leader as coach
• Applying the learning: what needs improving in my organization, what is my role in making
change happen and what leadership approach does that require?
DAY 4: INNOVAT ION WORKSHOP
• Making strategy happen: the innovation challenge
• High performance leadership: creating the right climate for innovation
• Meeting the organizational challenge: systems and processes to support innovation
• Case studies in innovation
• Applying the learning: What my organization needs to do to become more innovative and
how I start to make that happen?
DAY 5: SECURING COM PETITIVE ADVANTAGE THROUGH YOUR PEOPLE
• The people challenges in a changing world
• Dealing with a new generation (Gen Y)
• Career development and structures
• Recognition and rewards, including profit sharing for partnerships
• High performance leadership: positive leadership
• The day-to-day leadership challenges: supporting motivation and personal development in
• Case study: the challenges of “making strategy happen”, leading a change initiative in one
of the participant’s law firm and one in-house department
• Applying the learning: What does this mean in terms of attracting and keeping the people
my organization needs?
DAY 6: IMPLEMENTING CHANGE
• Final presentations: presenting analysis and ideas on the challenges of leading change in
the chosen organizations.
• Individual coaching sessions: next steps to apply learning back in the office.
• LM P closing and award of certificates.
¡Infórmate ahora sin compromiso!