Master Photography Arts - Máster en Fotografía
The European Master of Fine Art Photography is, at present, the most ambitious training proposal in the field of art photography and aims to become meeting point for artists and professionals, enriching this field in Spain.
Practical and innovative, it is a unique programme based on the excellence of its faculty (Martin Parr, Elger Esser, Joan Fontcuberta and Alejandro Castellote, among others). It emerged on the basis of the premise that there exists a European conceptual and creative identity, which can and should be an important reference point in the fields of academia, culture and the art market. In this sense, the participation of students from a range of continents is especially interesting and enriching.
In consequence, the European Master of Fine Art Photography is based on three main pillars:
• International nature, with a special focus on the European realm.
• The excellence of the faculty.
• A focus on the production of an artistic project.
Photographers with a professional career, as well as artists in the photography industry who want to break into the art world. People with degrees in Fine Arts, Audiovisual Communications, Advertising, Journalism, Art History or Humanities who want to deepen their knowledge of artistic photography. An upper intermediate level of English is required.
• To become familiarized with present day photographic production, its subjects and repertoires, artistic practice, cultural value, roots in historic photography and art history, its discourses and limitations, from the perspective of important photographers and theorists.
• To learn the main current theories on European photography.
• To learn directly and personally from the most prestigious masters ineach area.
• To become familiarized with curatorial practices, collectionism, conservation and ways of presentation/dissemination of contemporary artistic photography.
• To reflect on the role of photographers in the art market, the field of European photography, the business of leisure, and the world of entertainment.
• To experience, through a personal project, what it’s like to create an original work that is appropriate and worthy of being presented in a photography exhibition. • To exhibit and publish the final project in an internationally renowned prestigious center/magazine, through our European partners.
• Visual Artist
• Creative Director
• Art Director